National Community & Economic Resource Development Indicators Team
Collaborating to share compelling stories about the collective impacts of our community and economic development work, at local, state, regional and national levels.
- CRED Indicators Team Handout May 2015 for Natl Mtg of CRED Program Leaders
- CRED Indicators Poster NACDEP 2015
- Building Extension's Public Value
- Community and Economic Development: Your Partner for a Prosperous Future
- National Framework for CRED Indicators, Galaxy Presentation 2013
- CRED Indicators by Region Handout and Info, Galaxy Presentation 2013
- Developmental Evaluation for Cooperative Extension Community Development Programs
- April 27, 2017 @ 1:00pm CT/2:00 pm ET
- This webinar introduces Michael Q. Patton’s developmental evaluation approach as a potentially appropriate paradigm for Extension community development programs. Presenters will share how the MFLN uses developmental evaluation and what it might look like in day-to-day evaluation for community development educators.
- Webinar Invite
- Documenting Community Outcomes with Surveys: A how-to on designing questions & collecting data
- One of the easiest ways to get information from community members and program participants is to use a survey. But how do you know if your questions are written correctly? And what's the best way to reach your audience? Join the National Community & Economic Resource Development Indicators Team as we discuss question design and fielding your survey once it's complete. This webinar will focus on designing clear and concise survey questions and a discussion of best practices to follow when fielding your survey.
- Speaker Biographies:
- Maryann Durland is an independent evaluation consultant and a leader in the use of SNA for program evaluation. Dr. Durland is one of the original organizers and the current chair of the American Evaluation Association’s Social Network Analysis Topical Interest Group, and is co-editor of a Special Issue of the AEA’s New Directions in Evaluation journal, focused on SNA. Dr. Durland specializes in mixed methods and models, and applications of SNA in evaluation. She is currently writing the Handbook of Social Network Analysis in Evaluation (Stanford, 2017).
- Scott Chazdon is an Evaluation and Research Specialist for the Extension Center for Community Vitality at the University of Minnesota. In his work with Extension, Dr. Chazdon has gained expertise in innovative methods for measuring social capital creation and other community development outcomes. He earned his Ph.D. in sociology from the University of Denver and a M.A. in cultural anthropology from the University of Florida.
Many Extension organizations struggle to capture the impacts of CRED-related work. Reasons include lack of a formal CRED program to which impacts can be aggregated, disperse programming within CRED, lack of staff capacity to conduct evaluation, and lack of evaluation expertise to draw from (e.g. Evaluation Specialist). This session will highlight how a small CRED program in New Hampshire has been able to develop its evaluation capacity over time in spite of the challenges listed above. (2/2/16)
Charlie French and Casey Hancock Download Biographies
Lessons Learned from the Minnesota Most Significant Change Evaluation Project (11/9/15)
Scott Chasdon, Ph.D.(Evaluation and Research Specialist, Extension Center for Community Vitality, University of Minnesota)